The Ploopy Thumb Trackball includes a completely-assembled trackball, fully tested that is ready to use right out of the box.
Included with every Thumb Trackball Full Kit:
- 3x roller bearing dowels
- Scroll wheel
- Scroll wheel holder
- Scroll wheel spring
- Large buttons
- Small buttons
- Completely assembled and programmed electronics assembly
- 10x No. 2 x 3/8″ flat-head plastic screw
- 3x MR63ZZ roller bearings
- 1x 3mm x 18mm metal dowels
- 2x 213 O-ring
- 4x friction pads
- 1x 1.5″ snooker ball
You can find full assembly instructions on our Github wiki. But…you don’t need them, since this comes fully-assembled!
Wedges are available! They rotate the Thumb by 10 degrees, and can be stacked (i.e. 20 degrees, 30 degrees, etc.). If you’re looking for one, choose the option at checkout.
The Ploopy Trackball ships with QMK preloaded. Currently, we’re shipping with version 0.14.17. You can find our fork of the QMK firmware here.
Want to load new firmware onto your Ploopy Trackball? Loading new firmware is fast and easy, and doesn’t require anything except your computer. Check out our guide here. It includes a full set of instructions on loading new firmware. You can load new firmware with tools like QMK Toolbox or the QMK Configurator.
Because this trackball has roller bearings, it’s noticeably louder that other trackballs. It makes a sort of scratchy grinding noise when the ball is moved. It’s a noise that you will notice during use. Please keep this in mind before ordering.
Checkout page not working?
Sometimes, ad-blocking software will interfere with the checkout process. It’ll result in the checkout page hanging forever after you’ve entered your payment information. If this is happening to you, try temporarily disabling your ad-blockers.
Shipping & Returns
- We ship packages using Canada Post.
- During the checkout process, you will see an estimate for delivery time. THIS IS NOT AN ESTIMATE FOR HOW LONG THE PRODUCT WILL TAKE TO ARRIVE FROM YOUR DATE OF PURCHASE. It is an estimate for how long the package will be in transit.
- Orders will be shipped out on the basis of availability. We will communicate the the status of our production capacity once per week, or less frequently if we decide that our production schedule is sufficiently stable; you may check this website to see updates on our production schedule.
- Ploopy may charge sales tax for sales of Products; Canadian orders will show sales tax (HST or GST) upon checkout, while International orders will have sales tax collected upon import.
- If sales tax is not indicated during the checkout process, it will be collected upon import along with all other charges related to customs, duties, and brokerage fees. Ploopy does not receive these funds, nor do we mandate their collection; they are collected by customs as part of international trade agreements.
- Shipping costs are not declared on customs forms; only the value of purchased goods is declared.
Included with your Ploopy hardware is a limited one (1) year manufacturers warranty from the date of purchase. This warranty is automatically voided if you in any way alter the hardware, software or firmware you receive, including but not limited to flashing new firmware onto hardware you purchase from us.
We offer a 30-day return policy (shipping not included).
For more details please refer to our General Terms and Conditions of Sale.